ICNCRE 2013

International Conference on Nanoelectronics, Communications and Renewable Energy 2013

 


ICNCRE 2013 Kokula Krishna Hari K
Short Title ICNCRE 2013
Publisher ASDF, India
ISBN 13 978-81-925233-8-5
ISBN 10 81-925233-8-1
Language English
Type Hard Bound - Printed Book
Copyrights admin@asdf.res.in
Editor-in-Chief Mohamed Rachid Mekideche
Conference Dates 22 - 23, September 2013
Venue Country Jijel, Algeria
Submitted Papers 477
Acceptance Rate 21.17%
Website www.asdf.org.in

Paper 067


A faisibility Study of a Stand-alone (PV/Diesel) Hybrid System for Power Generation

A faisibility Study of a Stand-alone (PV/Diesel) Hybrid System for Power Generation

H Rezzouk1, M Hatti2, A Mellit3

UDES, Solar Equipments Development Unit /EPST CDER
Department of Electronics, Faculty of Sciences and Technology.

Abstract

This article presents a study of a PV-Diesel-battery hybrid power system. The idea is to transform the Solar Equipments Development Unit (UDES) from a grid-connected system to a standalone PV-Diesel hybrid system. The system is composed from a PV array, a diesel generator, a battery bank and a (AC-DC, DC-AC) power converter. The Hybrid Optimization Model for Electric Renewables (HOMER) software was used to study the economically feasibility of the system. The daily solar data were provided by the weather station of UDES (Vantage Pro 2). The UDES monthly energy consumption profiles were provided by the accounting service. It was found that (a PV array of 50Kw, a diesel generator of 50 Kw, a battery bank of 170KAh and a 50Kw power converter) system, using HOMER, satisfies the energy demand of UDES with 0.15% excess in electricity and 0% unmet load. The Net Present Cost (NPC) was estimated at about 649360$ such as 44% remains to the PV system, 17% to the diesel generator, 24% to the battery bank and 14% to the converter. The cost of energy (COE) is estimated at about 0.275$/Kwh. The penetration of solar system in electric energy production is 28%, the remaining 72% are produced by the diesel generator. The 28% of solar penetration allowed us to reduce the green house gases emission with about 30% in comparison with a diesel system.

Author's Profile

H Rezzouk : Profile

M Hatti : Profile

A Mellit : Profile

Cite this Article as Follows

Rezzouk, H, Hatti, M and Mellit, A.Proceedings of The International Conference on Nanoelectronics, Communications and Renewable Energy 2013. A faisibility Study of a Stand-alone (PV/Diesel) Hybrid System for Power Generation. Vol. 1. Chennai: Association of Scientists, Developers and Faculties, 2013. 328-332. Print.